Established in 1897, we are a private social club located in Catasauqua, Pa. We have leagues available for bowling, billiards, & darts. Bar Bingo is held every Thursday at 7pm. Brunch is served on the 3rd Sunday of every month. Please call for banquet room rentals.
A Brief History
The Catasauqua Club was initially founded on April 6, 1897 from a regular meeting of bicycle-riding enthusiasts, and was originally meant to be organized as a Wheelmen’s Club. As winter approached after its first season as a bicycle club, the members decided to continue relations indoors, and so the present Catasauqua Club was chartered at the first annual meeting of the Club, held October 11, 1897.
In 1907, the old Emanuel Residence on Pine Street was bought and transformed into a cozy clubhouse, with members adding a bowling alley in the basement and a billiard parlor upstairs. Soon after its founding, the Club began to accept businessmen and entrepreneurs as permanent members. With time, the purpose of the club changed as it became a place for social gatherings of many prominent local business leaders, regional government officials, and other wielders of local power. During the end of the 19th century and first half of the 20th century, the borough of Catasauqua was an industrial boomtown, and was home to such well-known industrialists as David Thomas, D. George Dery, and Col. James Fuller, among others – all of whom claimed membership in the club.
Today, the club has a diverse membership of many local townspeople and community leaders. The members take enjoyment in the many spectacular events they hold throughout a given year, such as the annual meat raffles, bowling tournaments, bingo nights, as well as the plain ole regular weekend get-togethers. The bond between members is what has kept the Club going strong for well over 100 years, and hopefully another 100 more to come.